AppEditor is an open-source tool allows you to edit application entries shown in application menu and their properties.
- Hide and show applications from the application menu
- Create new application entries
- Change application’s display name, icon and more
How to Install AppEditor in Ubuntu 18.04 / Higher:
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from application menu.
2. Paste below command and run to install flatpak framework:
sudo apt-get install flatpak
3. Add flathub repository, which hosts a large list of flatpak applications:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
4. Finally install AppEditor via command:
flatpak install flathub com.github.donadigo.appeditor
Once installed, launch the software from application menu and enjoy!
To remove AppEditor flatpak package, run command in terminal:
flatpak uninstall com.github.donadigo.appeditor