HPLIP, HP print, scan, and fax drivers for Linux, released 3.20.6 today with new printers and Linux distributions support, though it still does not install on Ubuntu 20.04.
HPLIP 3.20.6 added following new printers support:
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E78223a, MFP E78223dv, MFP E78223dn.
- HP Color LaserJet Mngd MFP E78223dn Plus, MFP E78223dn CN
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E78228dn, MFP E78228dn Plus, MFP E78228dn CN
- HP Color LaserJet Managed Flow MFP E78330z Plus, Flow MFP E78330z CN
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E78330dn, E78330dn Plus, E78330dn CN, MFP E78330z
- HP Color LaserJet Managed Flow MFP E78325z Plus, Flow MFP E78325dn CN, Flow MFP E78325z CN
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E78325dn, MFP E78325z
- HP Color LaserJet Managed Flow MFP E78323z
- HP Color LaserJet Mgd Flw MFPE78323Z Plus, Flw MFPE78323z CN
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E78323dn
- HP Color LaserJet Mngd MFP E78323dn Plus, MFP E78323dn CN
The new release also added support for Fedora 32, Manjaro 20.0, RHEL 8.2.
How to Install HPLIP 3.20.6 in Ubuntu:
1. To install the software, download the package “hplip-3.20.6.run” from the link below:
HPLIP Download Page
2. Then open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to give executable permission:
chmod +x ~/Downloads/hplip-3.20.6.run
3. Finally run command to start installing the driver:
Follow the terminal output and answer some questions. If everything goes OK, plug or re-plug your HP devices and enjoy!