KeePassXC, a community fork of KeePassX password manager, released version 2.6.1 today with some new features, improvements, and various fixes.
KeePassXC 2.6.1 release highlights:
- Add option to Auto-Type just the username or password
- Automatic database locking with Xfce screensaver.
- Add command for retrieving current TOTP
- Add OARS metadata
- Substitute tilde with USERPROFILE on Windows
- Change actions for F1, F2, and F3 keys
- Improve man page, and password generator UI / UX
- And various bug-fixes, see here for more details.
How to Install KeePassXC 2.6.1 in Ubuntu:
The official upstream PPA has made the packages of the password manager for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and derivatives.
1.) Open terminal either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard, or by searching for ‘terminal’ from system application launcher.
When terminal opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Type your password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2.) Then either update the software package using Software Updater
or run command to install the software:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install keepassxc
You can run the PPA repository simply by running command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
And if you want, remove keepassxc password manger via command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove keepassxc