Kid3 audio tag editor 3.8.6 was released a few days ago with new features and important bug-fixes. PPA has updated for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 20.10.
Kid3 3.8.6 adds support for building with Qt 6. And it now provides a nicer default style for Windows users.
The new release features:
- adds sub tracks support in Discogs import
- Integration test for Amazon import
- Removed TrackType.org import.
- Fix crash when using id3lib in 64-bit Windows.
How to Install Kid3 3.8.6 in Ubuntu via PPA:
The official Kid3 PPA has made the new packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, and Linux Mint 20.
1. Open terminal either from application launcher or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ufleisch/kid3
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed, upgrade Kid3 using Software Updater:
or run commands one by one in terminal to install or upgrade to the latest tag editor:
sudo apt update sudo apt install kid3-qt
You may replace
kid3 in the code for KDE integration, and/or with
kid3-cli for the command-line interface.
To remove the PPA repository, either open Software & Updates -> Other Software tab and remove the relevant line, or run command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:ufleisch/kid3
To remove the audio tag editor, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt remove --auto-remove kid3 kid3-*