Oracle virtualbox 6.0.14 was released a few days ago with stability fixes. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu.
Virtualbox 6.0.14 release highlights:
- Fixed an invalid-guest state guru meditation on Intel hosts.
- Some fixes for systems with lots of processors
- More compatibility for guests running ALSA setups with the AC’97 emulation
- Fixed flicker, redraw issues. app crashes when using VBoxSVGA or VMSVGA graphics adapter
- Support Linux hosts with kernel 5.3
- Fixes to share folder in Linux guests.
How to Install Virtualbox 6.0.14 in Ubuntu:
For all current Ubuntu releases, you can either download the official .deb binary from the link below:
Download Virtualbox for Linux
or install VBox from its official apt repository by running following steps:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T), paste below command and run to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
For Linux Mint, you HAVE to replace
$(lsb_release -sc) in the command with
bionic for Mint 19.x, or
xenial for Mint 18.x.
2. Then download and install the repository key via command:
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3. Refresh system package cache via command:
sudo apt update
4. Finally install Virtualbox 6.0.14:
sudo apt install virtualbox-6.0
To remove it, simply run command in terminal:
sudo apt remove --autoremove virtualbox-6.0
And go to Software & Updates -> Other Software to remove apt repositories.