qBittorrent torrent client 4.1.6 was released a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 18.10, and Ubuntu 19.04.
qBittorrent 4.1.6 is a bug-fix release with following changes:
- Force recheck multiple torrents one by one in all possible cases.
- Don’t query Google for tracker favicons, for privacy reasons
- Work around the crash occurred in QTimer.
- Increase the .torrent file download size limit to 100 MiB
- Disable downloading tracker favicons by default. Works around reported crashes in Linux.
- WEBUI improvements and fixes.
- SEARCH: Make num enter key work the same as return in searchjobwidget
- Make window title bar icon work in Wayland
- Update appdata.xml file for Linux
How to Install qBittorrent 4.1.6 in Ubuntu:
The official qBittorrent PPA contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 18.10, and Ubuntu 19.04.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type user password (no asterisk feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and you’ll see qBittorrent available for upgrade after checking for updates.
Or run commands below to install /upgrade it from terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent