Qimgv is a Qt5 image viewer with simple, fast, and easy to use user interface. The software features basic image editing and optional video support.
Qimgv image viewer features:
- Basic image editing: Crop, Flip, Rotate, and Resize.
- Ability to quickly copy / move images to different folders
- Video playback via libmpv, including webm support.
- Ability to run shell scripts
- Folder view
- Keyboard shortcuts (Settings > Controls)
- Extend APng support via QtApng, Raw support via Qtraw (Both included in Windows package)
How to Install Qimgv in Ubuntu 18.04:
The software developer maintains a PPA repository that contains the most recent packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, Linux Mint 19.x.
1.) Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or by searching for ‘terminal’ from application menu. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:easymodo/qimgv
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2.) Then either install Qimgv via Synaptic package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt install qimgv
Note for Linux Mint you may need to run
sudo apt update to check update first.
Once installed, either use the image viewer via picture file’s right-click menu or launch it from application menu.
To remove the PPA, either open Software & Updates -> Other Software or run command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:easymodo/qimgv
To remove the image viewer, simply run command:
sudo apt remove qimgv