TeXstudio released new 3.0.5 version a few days ago with important bug-fixes. Here’s how to install or update it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10 via PPA.
Changes in TeXstudio 3.0.5 include:
- Fix crash when deleting all elements of a meta command in the ‘Configure’ dialog under ‘Build’ tab.
- Fix large tooltips on Windows with ADWAITA style
- Limit PDF render threads to 8 or to set value.
- Add command line option
--texpathto force a tex path
- Fix touchpad scroll in x direction
- Fix a seldom crash
- Adapt speller dialog to find the same errors as the online checker
- Fix replace in global search
How to Install TeXstudio 3.0.5 via PPA:
Besides using the non-install Appimage package, you can install the LaTeX editor from the official TeXstudio PPA in all current Ubuntu releases.
1. Open terminal either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or by searching for ‘terminal’ from software launcher. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunderme/texstudio
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it asks and hit Enter to add the PPA.
2. If you installed the editor from Ubuntu Software, remove the old packages before getting the new release from Ubuntu PPA:
sudo apt-get remove texstudio-doc texstudio-l10n
3. After adding the PPA, you can either upgrade it via Software Updater:
or run commands in terminal to install or upgrade the software:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install texstudio
To remove the LaTeX editor, run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove texstudio
And go to Software & Updates -> Other Software to remove PPA repositories.