Vivaldi web browser released new stable version 2.6 today with improved security, profile management and more.
Vivaldi 2.6 release highlights:
- Add Privacy option to block abusive ads.
- More personality to user profiles
- Filter saved passwords in Settings → Privacy.
- Add unread tab counter to the left panel
- Add Razer headphone devices support for Razer Chroma
- And various other changes.
How to Install Vivaldi 2.6 in Ubuntu:
The official Ubuntu .DEB packages are available for download at the link below:
Download Vivaldi (DEB)
Grab the deb matches your OS, then install it via Ubuntu Software or Gdebi package manager. Or run command in terminal:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/vivaldi-stable_2.6*.deb
Vivaldi also has apt repository, with it you can install the browser and get future updates through Software Updater utility.
Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for terminal from application menu. When it opens, run following commands one by one:
1. Download and install the repository keyring:
wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
Typer user password when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. Add Vivaldi repository via command:
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main'
3. Finally check updates and install the web browser via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
Or upgrade from an old version via Software Updater utility.
(Optional): To remove Vivaldi apt repository from you system, launch Software & Updates and navigate to Other Software tab.