GNU Octave 6.1 was released a few days ago with numerous improvements, bug-fixes, and a list of new functions.
Changes in Octave 6.1 include:
- New sorting option
- Support for cookies to enable RESTful communication with the web service.
- System web browser can be opened by
- Numerical integration has been improved.
- Deprecated Qt4 support.
- Completely rewritten of the
- Updated the
axisfunction and many other graphics backend improvements.
- matlab compatibility improvements.
- Remove deprecated functions and properties.
- Add a list of new functions.
How to Get Octave in Ubuntu:
There’s no PPA repository contains the new release package at the moment of writing.
Before the official Snap package and the community maintained Flatpak package publish the new package, you can download & build GNU Octave from the source tarball: