HPLIP 3.19.12, open source Linux driver for HP printers and scanners, was released today with many new devices support.
HPLIP 3.19.12 added following new devices support:
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M256dn, M256nw, M256dw.
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dn, M255nw, M255dw.
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M155a, M155nw, M156a, M156nw.
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M282nw, M284nw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdn, M285fdn
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw, M285fdw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283cdw, M285cdw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182n, M184n
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw, M184nw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M183fw, M185fw
This release also added support for Debian 10.1, Debian 10.2, and Manjaro 18.1.2.
1. To install the software, download the package “hplip-3.19.12.run” from the link below:
HPLIP Download Page
2. Then open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to give executable permission:
chmod +x ~/Downloads/hplip-3.19.12.run
3. Finally run command to start installing the driver:
Follow the terminal output and answer some questions. If everything goes OK, plug or re-plug your HP devices and enjoy!