Ksnip is a Qt based cross-platform screenshot tool with many annotation features. It works on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS.
Ksnip works on X11 and Gnome on Wayland. Like other screenshot tools, it can take screenshot of selected rectangular area, full screen, active window with time delay support. It also features:
- Upload screenshots directly to imgur.com in anonymous or user mode.
- Command line support.
- Print screenshot or save is to pdf/ps.
- Annotate screenshots with pen, marker, rectangles, ellipses, texts and other tools.
- Add watermarks to captured images.
- Global HotKeys for taking Screenshots.
- Many configuration options.
Install Ksnip in Ubuntu:
Ubuntu binary package can be downloaded from the release page in the link below:
Ksnip Release Page
Grab the latest .deb package and install it by either Gdebi package installer or running command in terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T):
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/ksnip-*.deb
Once installed, launch it from application menu and enjoy!
(Optional) If you want to remove the screenshot tool, either use your system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt remove ksnip